Organic red lentils are our most popular lentils amongst our customers. They are rich in protein and fibre and are extremely versatile meaning they can be used in a number of ways for added nutrients to a recipe.
How to cook red lentils
Our red lentils are easy to prepare and because these are split lentils the time is reduced by half compared to whole lentils.Simply;
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add your desired amount of lentils to the pan
- Bring back to the boil
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- If you wish to season your lentils it is important to do so after cooking. If you add salt before or during cooking it can cause your lentils to go tough.
Ways to enjoy organic red lentils
Here are a few ways you can enjoy using our red lentils:
- Vegan spaghetti bolognese
- Lentil soup
- Red lentil dahl
- Spicy lentil burger
- Creamy spinach, lentil and courgette curry
- Lentil and sweet potato stew
- Red lentil and spinach masala
You can buy organic red lentils online in small or bulk sizes depending on your needs. We deliver to most of the UK and throughout Europe with fast delivery times that are suited to you.